Benefits of Having a Coach
At the risk of this post sounding like a shameless plug for my business which I can assure you it isn’t, It's worth highlighting some of the key benefits a coach may provide for those of you considering taking things to the next level with your lifestyle, namely your training and nutrition.
1. Continued guidance and support throughout the process - A coach will guide and support you as much or as little as you wish and provide you with the best possible information we have in order to achieve your goals.
2. Accountability - Knowing you have an experienced and qualified individual guiding and monitoring your ongoing progress means there’s a high likeliness of staying on track and not straying from a goal.
3. Structure - A coach will provide you with the proverbial blueprint to achieve the goals that we set together, making it a simple process to do as you’re told without any second guessing! We may not be able to do the work for you but you can be sure we'll do everything in our power to get you to that end goal in a safe and effective way.
4. A “Third Eye” - Sometimes during a dieting phase you may misjudge things, create negative and false thoughts about how you look and feel especially if you're in the depths of a diet and have been in a deficit of calories for a substantial amount of time, it’s our job to give reassurance and constructive feedback to provide you with more insight and a more accurate depiction of how you look, in many cases you will look a lot better than you feel you do. It’s also our job to point out weak points that need working on and use our experience and expertise to adjust certain factors based on how you look, especially nearing towards to the end goal.
5. We have also “Walked the Walk” - Many great coaches will have put themselves through the same processes you will go through, having picked up a lot of first hand experience on the way this means we know many of the troubles and hardships that may arise. This puts us in a great position to help you break through those mental and physical barriers as we’ve also dealt with those bumps in the road before.
6. Team work makes the dream work! - If you’ve got pretty far on your lonesome, investing in a coach could add some serious firepower when it comes to taking things to the next level, especially if you’re working together as a team.
7. We will always have your health and best interests at heart - It’s our job to tell you when things need to slow down, speed up, whether we believe you’re ready to take steps or give your body a well deserved break. Using our experience and judgement we aren’t afraid to “put the brakes on” if certain situations arise and your health becomes a concern. We will push you to a degree we believe you are capable of and no further.
8. We benefit from your success just as much as you do! - If you fail, we fail! Just kidding, ultimately however we do want to get you the best possible result but in the safest and most effective way. The better your result, the more reputable we remain or become as a coach.
9. More than just a Coach - A coach shouldn't just be used as a dictator that demand things of you in order to keep you accountable. Aim to absorb as much information as possible because there may come a day where we part ways for one reason or another. We are always trying to teach and mentor our clients, not just "coach" them. It may even be the case that in the future you become a trainer/coach yourself so use us in the same way many of us have been mentored by coaches in the past and present. I have multiple clients who are successful trainers and coaches in their own right, in many cases even coaches need coaches! There is always someone with more experience or a slightly different background so be willing to learn and take in as much information as possible.